An Update on COVID-19
Updated: May 5, 2020
Re: COVID-19 Response
Dear Valued Customer,
This is an update to our communications over the past two months regarding the impact of COVID-19 on operations and product supply.
We recognize that our products play a key role in patient care and are crucial for the management of hospitalized COVID-19 patients. As such, everyone at IL understands our role and is committed to maintain our customers’ operations.
To date, we have experienced many supply chain and operational disruptions, but we have been able to maintain manufacturing, distribution and delivery of our systems, consumables, reagents and services for all our product lines. We have seen a significant increase in the demand for our products, most especially for our GEM Premier Blood Gas PAKs and HemosIL D-dimer products. We have been able to meet that demand.
Based on the most current information, hospitalizations for COVID-19 are starting to decrease in many countries, including many states and provinces in North America. We expect this will lessen the pressure on the demand for our critical products and we are confident we will continue to meet that demand. However, despite our most ardent preparations, there remains a risk that the global COVID-19 pandemic could more severely impact our manufacturing plants and global demand. We will continue communicating as the situation warrants.
Please note the following:
- All of our critical functions remain fully operational. This includes our manufacturing plants, distribution centers, Technical Support, Field Service, Depot Service, Field Applications, and Customer Service.
- In May, our Field Service team in the US and Canada will resume routine Preventative Maintenance service calls.
- Other than the employees required for on-site manufacturing, distribution or other essential activities, most employees are working from home, to isolate the manufacturing operations as much as possible.
In addition, since the initial outbreak of the epidemic last January, we have:
- Increased our level of key raw materials and finished goods inventories worldwide, and directed our suppliers to increase their inventory or critical raw materials.
- Relocated critical inventory of finished goods to various locations within North America and other countries, helping to ensure continuity of supply, even if disruptions occur in our key distribution centers.
- Revised and updated inventory at our service-parts bank in the US and Canada.
- Revised and updated our Continuity of Operations Plans for our manufacturing sites and implemented strict infection prevention and control procedures.
- Created a COVID-19 Senior Management Team and developed a Readiness Plan, now in operation, to help ensure continuity of critical operations.
Finally, I would like to send a message of gratitude to all of our customers and employees for their exemplary efforts during this pandemic.
Thank you for your trust and confidence in IL.
Ramon E. Benet
Chief Executive Officer