Our customers are always our highest priority
At IL, we take pride in offering the best quality support and customers resources to meet the highest industry standards.
Our Ordering Department handles purchase requests for instruments, reagents, supplies and service contracts.
To place an order:
- Call us at 800-955-9525, option 1; Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-6:00PM, ET.
- Fax us at: 781-861-6135
- E-mail orders to email@example.com
- Enroll in our EDI program; e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Orders received by 2:00PM ET are shipped the same day, via two-day delivery service, unless otherwise noted.
- Hazardous materials are shipped according to transportation guidelines and therefore, cannot be shipped via two-day service.
- Refrigerated and temperature-sensitive products are shipped Mondays–Wednesdays only, to avoid weekend delivery issues and ensure product integrity.
If you require emergency shipment, please contact us at 800-955-9525 for options.
Expiration Dating and Sequestering
- Reagents and supplies with shelf-life limitations are shipped with an expiration of 90 days or more.
- Controls and Calibrators are shipped with an expiration of 30 days or more.
- Specific lots of controls and calibrators can be sequestered for up to 12 months, upon receipt of associated purchase order.
- If there is an error with your order, please notify us within 10 days of receipt. IL will issue a return-authorization number for free shipping return.
- Upon receipt of the returned item, IL will issue a credit (if applicable).
- Returned items must be unopened and in their original packaging. Any products with customer markings on packaging cannot be returned for credit.
- Hazardous material, refrigerated and date-sensitive products are not eligible for return.
Click here for IRS Identification Number and Certification: W-9 Form
IL Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale
All products, materials, components, goods, commodities, software, technology and any other items (the “Products”) and services offered for sale by Instrumentation Laboratory Company and/or its wholly-owned subsidiaries (collectively, "IL") are sold subject to these terms and conditions of sale (these “Terms and Conditions”). These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the sale of the Products and/or services described in the IL quotation, sales order acknowledgment, invoice or other contract documentation to which these Terms and Conditions are attached or incorporated by reference. Except as expressly agreed by an authorized representative of IL in writing, no other terms and conditions, including any terms and conditions attached to, or contained within, Customer’s request for quotation, acknowledgment, purchase order or other contract documentation shall apply, and these Terms and Conditions shall supersede any such terms and conditions. Customer’s acceptance of the Products or services delivered by IL shall constitute Customer’s agreement and acknowledgment that these Terms and Conditions govern the purchase and sale of the Products or services.
Terms are net 30 days from date of invoice, FOB shipping point. Invoices will be rendered on each shipment, partial or complete.
The prices stated are subject to any additions necessary to cover federal, state, municipal or other sales or use taxes or any other taxes upon the instruments, items or services described herein, all of which shall be paid by Customer.
IL reserves the right to correct all typographical and clerical errors which may be present in the prices or specifications contained herein.
IL warrants to Customer that the Products will substantially conform to all specifications furnished or published by IL when used in accordance with the applicable instructions during the applicable Warranty Period. For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the “Warranty Period” shall mean (a) for instruments, one (1) year from the date of acceptance; (b) for consumables, ninety (90) days from the date of delivery; and (c) for spare parts installed on any instrument, the longer of ninety (90) days from the date of installation or the remainder of the Warranty Period for such instrument.
In the event of a Product failure during the Warranty Period, IL will repair or replace the Product or provide credit, at its sole option, upon prompt notification and compliance with IL’s instructions. IL makes no warranty and shall have no obligation with respect to damage caused by or resulting from accident or Customer’s misuse, neglect or use of parts, materials or products (including without limitation reagents or other consumables) not furnished by IL; or any unauthorized installation, alteration or repair to the Products.
IL makes no other warranty, express or implied. IL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No agent or employee of IL is authorized to extend any other warranty or to assume for IL any liability except as above set forth.
IL’s sole responsibility, and Customer’s exclusive remedy for any claims arising out of the purchase of any Product, is the repair, replacement or credit described above. In no event shall (a) the cost of such exclusive remedy exceed the purchase price paid by Customer for the applicable Product; or (b) IL be liable for any claims, losses or damages of any third party or for any special, indirect, consequential and/or incidental damages, liabilities arising from business interruption or for lost profits or revenues, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, strict liability or otherwise, even if IL has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If the instrument incorporates software programs, the “sale” of such software shall not constitute a sale or transfer of any proprietary rights in or to the software but rather shall only constitute the right and license to use the software in accordance with applicable specifications, instructions and license terms and conditions of the licensor. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Customer shall not, and shall not permit any third party to (a) copy or reproduce the software; (b) translate, adapt, vary or modify the software; (c) disclose the software to any third party; or (d) disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the software or create any derivative works based thereon.
The sale of the Products to Customer hereunder may involve a discount, rebate or other price reduction. Customer may have an obligation to report such price reduction or the true net cost in its cost reports or in another appropriate manner in order to meet the requirements of applicable federal and state anti- kickback laws, including without limitation 42 U.S.C. Sec. 1320a7b(b)(3)(A) and the regulations found at 42 C.F.R. Sec. 1001.952(g) and (h). Customer will be responsible for reporting, disclosing, and maintaining appropriate records with respect to such price reduction or true net cost and making those records available under Medicare, Medicaid, or other applicable government health care programs.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, construed under and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to the conflicts of law principles thereof. The provisions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms and Conditions. No failure or delay by IL in exercising any right, power or remedy under these Terms and Conditions shall operate as a waiver of any such right, power or remedy. IL and Customer are independent contractors; neither is an agent or employee of the other or has any authority to assume or create any obligation or liability of any kind on behalf of the other. Any provision of these Terms and Conditions that is invalid or unenforceable under applicable laws with respect to a particular party or circumstance will be severed from these Terms and Conditions with respect to such party or circumstance without invalidating the remainder of these Terms and Conditions or the application of such provision to other persons or circumstances. The provisions of these Terms and Conditions which by their nature are required to survive the expiration or earlier termination of these Terms and Conditions shall so survive.
IL Standard Service Agreement Terms and Conditions
All services provided by Instrumentation Laboratory Company and/or its subsidiaries (collectively, "IL") are subject to the following terms and conditions. Customer’s acceptance of the services (the “Services”) described in the IL quotation, sales order acknowledgment, invoice or other contract documentation provided by IL to which these terms and conditions are attached or incorporated by reference (collectively, the “Quote”) shall constitute Customer’s agreement and acknowledgment that the Quote together with these terms and conditions constitute a binding agreement (this “Agreement”) between Customer and IL governing the provision of such Services. Except as expressly agreed by an authorized representative of IL in writing, no other terms and conditions, including any terms and conditions attached to, or contained within, Customer’s request for quotation, acknowledgment, purchase order or other contract documentation shall apply, and the terms of this Agreement shall supersede any such terms and conditions.
- TERM: This Agreement shall be effective as of the effective date specified on the Quote (the “Effective Date”) and shall continue in effect for the period specified on the Quote. At the end of such period this Agreement shall terminate in its entirety and shall not auto-renew. Either Customer or IL may terminate this Agreement by providing written notice to the other party. Any such termination shall be effective as of the date that is thirty (30) calendar days following the other party’s receipt of such notice (the “Effective Termination Date”). Any service performed prior to the Effective Date of this Agreement or subsequent to the expiration or termination of this Agreement will be billed at IL’s then-current time and materials rate. If the term of this Agreement is one year or longer (as specified on the Quote), the first year of the term of this Agreement shall run from the Effective Date to the first anniversary of the Effective Date, and subsequent years shall run from each anniversary of the Effective Date to the next anniversary thereof (each, a “Contract Year”). If the term of this Agreement is less than one year (as specified on the Quote), “Contract Year” shall mean the entire term of this Agreement.
- PAYMENT AND RETENTION SCHEDULE:
- For each Contract Year, Customer agrees to pay a fee for the Services in the amounts set forth on the Quote (the “Annual Contract Price”). IL shall issue an invoice for the Annual Contract Price for the first Contract Year within thirty (30) days of the Effective Date, and in subsequent Contract Years IL shall issue an invoice for the Annual Contract Price within thirty (30) days of each anniversary of the Effective Date. All payments under this Agreement shall be made by Customer net 30 days after the date of IL’s invoice. All federal, state and local taxes now or hereafter assessed as a result of the performance of this Agreement shall be paid by Customer.
- In the event that Customer terminates this Agreement prior to its expiration date pursuant to Section 1, IL shall deduct a retention (the “Retention”) from any refund of amounts paid by Customer. The Retention shall be calculated as the greater of (a) the product of (i) fifteen percent (15%) of the Annual Contract Price in effect as of the Effective Termination Date; multiplied by (ii) the number of months (including any partial months) for which this Agreement was in effect during the Contract Year in which the Effective Termination Date occurs; (b) the cost to IL of actual Services rendered under this Agreement during the Contract Year in which the Effective Termination Date occurs; or (c), if IL has rendered any preventative maintenance Services during the Contract Year in which the Effective Termination Date occurs, fifty percent (50%) of the Annual Contract Price for such Contract Year. After deducting the Retention, any remaining balance of the Annual Contract Price paid by Customer for the Contract Year in which the Effective Termination Date occurs will be returned to Customer; provided, however, that if the Retention exceeds such Annual Contract Price, IL shall not issue any refund to Customer.
- SERVICE PLAN: IL shall perform the Services as outlined below:
- FIELD SERVICE (available on Hemostasis, ROTEM, GEM Premier, IT Solutions and Autoimmune Instruments Only):
- TOTAL SERVICE AGREEMENT PLAN: IL shall furnish, at the installation site, all necessary labor and parts (new or remanufactured as determined by IL’s Field Service Engineer and/or IL-trained representative) necessary to effect a repair and restore the equipment to good operating condition. For Total Service Agreement Plans for Hemostasis, ROTEM and Autoimmune instruments only, IL will perform preventative maintenance in accordance with manufacturer specifications if the term of this Agreement is at least one year. IL will not perform preventative maintenance (a) on any instruments other than Hemostasis, ROTEM and Autoimmune instruments; or (b) on any instrument if the term of this Agreement is less than one year. Parts which are considered by IL as expendables or consumables are not included. Parts replaced by IL shall become property of IL. IL shall respond to Customer (including by telephone) within 24 hours of Customer’s repair service request. All on-site service is provided during normal business hours, Monday through Friday excluding holidays, from 8 am to 5 pm unless otherwise agreed by IL and subject to availability of IL service personnel. Customer will be billed for any service calls made outside of normal working hours at portal-to-portal rates. IL shall perform preventative maintenance calls at the installation site as scheduled by IL including all necessary parts and labor. IL also agrees to evaluate performance of the equipment as compared to manufacturer’s specifications when performing preventative maintenance.
- TOTAL SERVICE & ACCESSORIES PLAN (only available on IL Hemostasis instruments) option may be available depending on equipment model and includes maximum one replacement each per year for the uninterruptible power system (“UPS”) and printer shipped with the instrument.
- DEPOT SERVICE (available on GEM Premier, GEM OPL/PCL, HemoChron, VerifyNow and Avoximeter Instruments Only):
- IL will repair or replace all necessary parts (new or remanufactured as determined by IL in its sole discretion) and labor to restore the equipment to good operating condition. Parts replaced by IL shall become property of IL. IL shall verify performance of the equipment to the manufacturer's specification.
- IL will issue a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number before shipment. IL will provide a prepaid label for the return of the instrument. IL is not responsible for damages or losses that may occur during shipment to or from IL.
- Where applicable, a loaner instrument will be sent upon request for use while the covered instrument is under repair. Provision of a loaner instrument is contingent upon Customer’s execution of IL’s standard form of Loaner Agreement. Loaner instruments where provided will be subject to late fees.
- Subject to the Restrictions and Exclusions below, IL will be responsible for all reasonable freight charges incurred by Customer for the transportation of the loaner instrument.
- CUSTOMER AGREES TO:
- If applicable make the instruments covered under this Agreement available for servicing at the time of each scheduled preventative maintenance or emergency service call. The IL Service Representative will contact Customer to set a mutually agreeable date and time for each service visit.
- Perform routine maintenance recommended in IL instruction manuals for the equipment covered by this Agreement.
- Furnish (or reimburse IL for) parts and services, including without limitation those parts and services described in Section 3 above, which are required as a result of the following (collectively, the “Excluded Causes”):
- Customer neglect, misuse, or improper operations;
- Accident, fire, water, vandalism, electrical power failure or other casualty;
- Delays caused by Customer;
- The action of any persons other than an IL authorized Service Representative;
- Customer’s failure to perform routine maintenance under Section 4(b) above;
- Modification of the equipment covered by this Agreement without the prior written approval of IL;
- Unsuitable environmental conditions; or
- The use of expendables and reagents not recommended by IL
- RESTRICTIONS AND EXCLUSIONS:
- Any instrument covered by this Agreement must have been purchased directly from IL or through authorized distribution. IL will not repair or service instruments purchased through the internet, bankruptcy sales, or any other means.
- IL reserves the right to deem an instrument unrepairable. In the event the instrument is deemed unrepairable, any remaining term under this Agreement may be transferred to a new serial number of the same model instrument.
- The following are not covered by this Agreement:
- Parts and services other than those to be furnished under Section 3 above.
- Expendable or consumable parts for specific covered instrument(s). The following are not included in or covered by this Agreement: reagents; rotors; needle cartridges and blocks, sample cups; reagent vials; sample and reagent racks, trays; cuvettes; reservoirs; lamps; electrodes; membranes; printer cartridges and ribbons; paper; cassettes; labels; tube adapters; stylets; syringe tips; pipettes and other operating supplies of any kind.
- Parts and services, including without limitation those parts and services described in Section 3 above, which are required as a result of Excluded Causes.
- The moving, decontamination, de-install or re-install of any covered instrument.
- Line conditioners, UPS and printers unless covered by a "Total Service & Accessories" service option.
- Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) consultation or troubleshooting.
- Service on national holidays.
- OTHER SERVICES: All services and parts furnished by IL outside the scope of Section 3 shall be billed at IL’s then-current charges for such services and parts.
- ACCESSORIES AND ADDITIONAL SERVICE: If Customer currently has accessories ((UPS) or printers) or additional equipment, or Customer is purchasing accessories for existing equipment that Customer would like to add to this Agreement, then such additions may be included in this Agreement by mutual consent of Customer and IL in writing and at the additional charges agreed upon by both parties for the additional service option chosen.
- CONDITION OF EQUIPMENT: Customer warrants that all equipment to be covered under this Agreement is in normal operating condition and not in need of overhaul or immediate repair prior to acceptance of this Agreement by IL.
- DELAYS: If at any time after arrival at Customer’s facility, IL’s service representative is unable to proceed with repair service due to delay or causes by Customer or others, IL shall charge Customer for such delays or causes at IL’s then current charges.
- WORKER’S COMPENSATION: IL agrees to maintain Worker’s Compensation insurance as may be required by law covering its employees who perform the Services.
- LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT SHALL IL’S LIABILITY HEREUNDER EXCEED THE MOST RECENT ANNUAL CONTRACT PRICE PAID TO IL BY CUSTOMER. IN NO EVENT SHALL IL BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR ANTICIPATED OR LOST PRODUCTION, PROFITS OR GOODWILL, OR FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION, STRICT LIABILITY, WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE). IL WARRANTS THAT ALL SERVICES WILL BE PERFORMED BY COMPETENT PERSONNEL IN A PROFESSIONAL AND WORKMANLIKE MANNER. WITH THE SOLE EXCEPTION OF THE FOREGOING WARRANTY, IL MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO ANY SERVICES RENDERED BY IL UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. IL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- MISCELLANEOUS: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and supersedes all prior written or oral agreements, communications, and understandings between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. No waiver, alteration or modification of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be binding on IL unless signed by an authorized representative of IL. The remedies provided in this Agreement are cumulative and not exclusive of any remedies provided by law. This Agreement shall be governed by, construed under and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state, commonwealth or province of the customer on the agreement, without regard to its conflicts of law principles.
 For some remote locations, only depot service is available for GEM Premier instruments.
 Depot service only available for GEM Premier instruments in remote locations